Together4Integrity – Survey
Integrity & Compliance Survey
Results released of anonymous online survey conducted from 31 May to 13 June among ŠKODA AUTO employees
Some 93 percent of employees stated that they know how to act and not to turn a blind eye to infringement.
Employees participated in the survey, corresponding to 17% of the work force. Management comprised 7% of the total and other employees the remaining 93%.
Of the employees who responded to the survey were from the indirect area, while participants from the direct area made up 37% of the total.
n this survey, the carmaker asked how employees feel about integrity and compliance, how they perceive these topics, and what ŠKODA AUTO could improve in this respect. The 20 questions were divided into four areas: acting according to moral principles (integrity) and in accordance with applicable rules and regulations (compliance) 1) within the company, 2) in teamwork, 3) in everyday work, and 4) in terms of personal contribution. For example, the individual questions showed that almost all the employees (98%) are aware that bad behaviour has serious consequences, but at the same time, approximately one-fifth of respondents (22%) are not sure that these consequences are the same for everyone Also, 85 percent of respondents believe that they would be protected from retaliation if they reported potential infringement. The survey also shows a high level of individual employee responsibility. Some 93 percent of employees know how to act and not to turn a blind eye to infringement. ED
Consistency in responses
ŠKODA AUTO showed high consistency in responses across the individual areas and employee groups (90%). When compared with the VW Group average, the high consistency rates across all questions for direct employees (~+10%) are particularly notable.
The survey showed that most employees are aware that integrity and compliance are important for the success of the company (92%), with 97 percent of respondents personally identifying with these topics.
Nearly all the employees are aware that misconduct has serious consequences (98%) and, if they suspect misconduct, they contact their supervisor or use appropriate channels to report it (90%).
Management leads by example
Survey participants trust their direct supervisors in almost all cases (92%) and feel supported by them in ambiguous situations (94%). Employees perceive the company management as keeping promises (90% agreement) and setting an example worth emulating (89% agreement).
Not all the employees agree that misconduct has the same consequences for everyone (78%).
Employees in the direct area show lower agreement in that they can raise constructive criticism on a variety of topics without fear of retaliation (79%).
Reluctance to report infringement
A significant majority of survey participants agree that ŠKODA AUTO has a system in place that protects people who express suspicion of misconduct. However, almost one-fifth of respondents (17%) were unable to assess this issue.